Saturday, March 2, 2013

Leaving Union

  Sometimes you stumble onto a place with absolutely no expectations, and are so pleasantly surprised that you end up staying for three months!  I love the friends I've made here - full time residents, temporary residents, and tourists alike.  It is always hard to leave, but I will be back next year.  Besides, I said that I would stay until I learned to kiteboard, and I accomplished that objective some time ago...

  On a practical basis, this has been the best harbor Ive ever been in.  Clear water, great views, no swell, open to the wind, but protected by the reef.   My wind gen finally started earning its keep - I only needed to start the diesel gen once in three months.  So, with full water, diesel, and propane tanks, I'll be heading north tomorrow to find more adventures.

 Clifton and Clifton Harbor

 One of the many fruit and vegetable stands in Clifton

The park in Clifton

 
Mission Accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment