Friday, December 2, 2011

Repairs

My Ranger friends will be glad to see that I'm getting some use out of the Rambo knife. Here I'm whittling a piece of hardwood to use in repairing a drawer which was damaged in the passage (I have a new system for securing them closed for the next trip). I've also remounted the shelves in the forward cabin, and gone through all the major electrical connections, wire brushing them clean, reconnecting, and coating them in T-9. Judy has been busy scrubbing the woodwork in order to stay ahead of the mold. We are learning why the cynics define cruising as: A series of boat repairs in exotic places!

1 comment:

  1. ckabrehl1@nycap.rr.comDecember 23, 2011 at 7:09 PM

    Seriously? Drawer repair on your sailboat? What an embarrasingly un-macho job for a Rambo knife! I bet you were sharpening that stick to kill yourself some dinner...

    ReplyDelete